August 14, 2011

Couldn't Wait - Time for Cereal

I have really tried to wait until James was 6 months to introduce cereal, but the past week he's been waking up 2x a night to nurse and sometimes I can tell he's not full when he's done nursing during the day (which is not surprising since he's such a big boy). He is 5 months, 1 week and 4 days; we gave Maggie her first right at 5 months and 1 day. Not much difference between the two ages.

SO - we took the plunge and gave him some cereal this evening after we ate dinner and before bedtime. First picture: not sure what's about to happen.
Getting that first spoonful in his mouth.
And some more!
That was a messy as he got- a little bit on his lips. Very little of the cereal got spit out and he liked to suck it off the spoon. I'd say his first foray was a big success!
My happy boys after James' first cereal.
I am really looking forward to this new phase in Little Bubby's life. He ate about 2 tablespoons of cereal tonight fairly quickly - Maggie only got through 2 teaspoons and most of that ended up on her face or bib! I must say a big portion of the fun for me is seeing how much Maggie enjoyed his first meal. She really is so sweet to him yet - we'll see if that attitude is the same when he's mobile and sneaking toys out of her room!

No comments: