January 25, 2007

Soup's on me, Mom!

Maggie is getting to be such a big girl! She will hardly eat anything that requires a spoon these days UNLESS she gets to hold the spoon. Our adventure into self-feeding has begun - fingerfoods are not enough. So, last night we had some ABC vegetable soup. I really tried to feed it to her to avoid a big clean-up, but from the pictures below, you can see that didn't work out. I finally just let her have the bowl on her tray and gave her the spoon (she was a very good girl and didn't try to fling my bowl onto the floor). You would've thought I gave her a pound of chocolate she was so happy!!! She ate about 2/3 c. of soup all by herself. Now, as you can see not much of that was by spoon although she did alright with it, but she just ate with her hands for most of the meal. She needed a bath after this one!

No comments: