February 4, 2010

French Braids

I have a love/hate relationship with French braids. When I was little, my mom used to do my hair that way nearly every day (at least that's how I remember it). I would cry everyday, too, because they hurt, and I hated them. Then my mom cut my hair short because I was such a pill about brushing it and generally taking care of my long hair, but that's another story.

But I love seeing little girls with their hair in French braids, and have waited waited waited for Maggie's hair to be thick enough to hold them. This morning after her bath, I tried them for the first time in several months, and they worked on my first try! I plopped her down in front of PBS, and with nary a peep out of her, I got them done. It took me about 30 minutes to do both sides, but they look good and have stayed in so far! Maggie was really excited, as you can see, about her braids!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Much, much too cute!!! She is looking so tall and so much older! By the way how's your leg treating you?

The Arreguin's said...

Keep them in over night and then she'll have fun curls the next day too!