March 12, 2010

It's Coming Along... Slowly.

So. We've been in our house for 3 weeks. Still we have boxes in all the rooms upstairs that need to be gone through/put away. The garage is not done. Ah, sweet time. Where do you go? Come back to us, please!

Here's the status of our bedroom. Our bed didn't look so small when the walls were only 18 inches away on the left and 4 feet on the right! It needs curtains, color on the walls, and a read bed frame. I think we may attempt to build a bed frame - I stumbled upon the COOLEST blog ever: knockoffwood.blogspot.com. She copies Pottery Barn/Williams Sonoma/Restoration Hardware furniture. Anyway. Notice the suitcase - some of our packing for our cruise.
The office is not much changed. The bookcases are filled, the boxes remain full. I don't feel like I can tackle those by myself - most of the stuff is Tyler's and I feel like he needs to supervise.
My new china hutch! With my wedding china in it and some other collected items.
View of the living room from the edge of the stairs and dining room.
Another view of the dining room.
The interior of the closet under the stairs. The stereo stuff is not yet set up and is DEFINITELY out of my area of expertise. I did set up the Wii in the living room.

And my favorite item in my kitchen! My friend Lisa got this for me as a house-warming gift. It came with extra birds - I decorated the the walls nearby. They make me smile every time I see them. And they remind me of Matthew 6:25-27: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
The powder room downstairs. It is two shades of turquoise, and I just love it!
And yet again I forgot to take pictures of Maggie's room before she went to bed. I'll have to update it after our cruise! Check back in next week for cruise pictures.

No comments: