July 7, 2011

4 Months - On Vacation

James turned 4 months on Tyler's birthday. We are in Lake Chelan on vacation, so no boppy picture. But I think I got a good substitution:
This past month has been so wonderful! My little man is still so chill, and happy and sweet. He's been sleeping through the night, as in bed at 8 or 8:30, through till 4:30 or later, and back to bed until 8 (except for a couple nights here on vacation) for the past month. James LOVES to chew and suck on his thumb, fingers, thumb knuckle, wrist, my fingers, his blanket, you name it. He has not stuck with just his thumb now that he can find it regularly, and several times he's even given himself a hickey on his wrist!

He's been rolling onto his sides, loves to grab his toys and put them in his mouth, can really hold his head up during tummy time, and is so close to being able to sit up (as in staying up once I put him there, he can't pull up on his own yet). He still loves his sister the most, and the past week has really enjoyed all the extra attention from his cousins, Alexis and Gabby, as well as from grandparents, uncles and aunt. Giggling is a regular part of our day and he's SO smiley and flirty.

Poor baby got his first cold from flying out to Seattle! I took him to the doctor right before we left Gramma Spaid's for Lake Chelan and they did confirm it's just the common cold not anything worse. He's already a snorty little guy, and now it's worse. Sweet Baby James is not quite so sweet when I have to spray his nose with saline and suction it out to get his nasal passages clear. I also got a weight confirmation last Friday (7/1) - 18 pounds, 3 ounces. He's in some 6 month clothes yet, moved into all of his 9 month summer clothes, and a pair of 12-month jammies.

And yes, I am still thankful every day for my sweet little blessing.

No comments: