May 10, 2006

Backyard birds

I know this post doesn't pertain to Maggie, but I thought everyone might enjoy a little nature appreciation. Earlier this spring we had a robin build a nest in the rafters of our patio roof. Mama Robin would sit in there all day and fly out only when we went outside. Well, baby robins soon arrived. I could walk up to the nest and look up to see four tails or beaks, but didn't get that on camera. They flew out of the nest some time last week, and I was sad that they'd left before I got a picture.

Today, as I walked past our dining room window, I see something funny on the top of our SUV. I was happily surprised to see one of the baby robins sitting on the roof! Mama Robin came by several times in about 10 mintues to feed this little guy. Here are some pictures of our family of robins. Enjoy!

No comments: