May 1, 2006

Oh, Wow. Talk about spit up!

CAUTION - FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T LIKE THE DIRTY DIAPER POST, NAVIGATE AWAY FROM MY PAGE NOW. HERE'S ANOTHER "FUNNY" POST ABOUT THE JOYS OF PARENTHOOD.

Ok, I KNOW every parent deals with their babies' growth spurts, but this is ridiculous (you can see why by looking at the picture)! Wednesday, when we were still in Seattle at Tyler's parents, Maggie started a new growth spurt. At her noon feeding she nursed more than she ever has, I would venture to say that she was ravenous. When she was done, Amron burped her and changed her diaper (benefits of staying with grandparents!) and brought her back to me. I was holding Maggie up in their recliner, just holding and talking to her, when URP! Up came her entire, and I mean her ENTIRE lunch, all over me in two big burps.

Maggie has spit up before, and it has been a lot, but that was when she was only a month old or so. Now, at three months, it is A LOT of spit up. She coated me with a generous layer of spit up from my nose to my crotch, filled my bra, gave herself a good amount of coverage and coated the seat of the Spaid's recliner! I was lucky enough that Amron was nearby and helped me get out of the seat without getting it anywhere else, but I couldn't resist taking a picture of the aftermath. The picture really doesn't do the situation justice, the spit up was pooling on AND IN my shirt. We both required a bath after that one - go Maggie!

No comments: