April 20, 2007

A Second Year in a Row

The robins have nested in the same nest from last year that I left in the rafters of our patio. Yay! I'm so glad they decided to nest here again. Below is a good picture of the babies in the nest, I took it from inside the house so I wouldn't disturb them. I just noticed the Mama robin a week or so ago, but she must've been there a while already to have hatched young. They are so cute!

On a related note, Maggie ATE a robin's egg shell the other day when we were in the yard. It was just the shell- no yolk- but that's what I get for not watching her like a hawk at all times. By the time I realized what was happening she had already swallowed it - no finger swipe could've gotten it. Yikes! Grandparents will be happy to note I have received visual confirmation of the shell's "passing".

Last year's post: http://spaidfamily.blogspot.com/2006/05/backyard-birds.html

No comments: