June 12, 2007

Seattle Pictures, Part 3

This weekend we drove across the state to visit my Dad & step-mom, Sylvia. We had lots of fun on the farm with the llamas and their new dogs, of whom I didn't take any pictures. I also forgot to have my Dad take a picture of me driving his tractor. I felt like I was 12 years old getting to drive the ride-on lawnmower! It was really funny.

Friday after lunch I was getting everything loaded in the car and had Grandma Pearl hold Maggie since she was fussing. Maggie pooped out in 5 minutes - totally zonked in Grandma's lap!!!

It was a 5-hour drive from door to door, with one pit-stop about half-way there. I dont' have pictures of Maggie's adventures in the car, but they include shaking her goldfish container in anger at her mother and spilling the whole thing in her carseat. This was AFTER the pit-stop, so she had to sit in a sea of crackers and crumbs for about an hour & a half. Other fun things: screaming at Mama because she threw lamb out of her seat on purpose, taking her shoe and sock off her right foot then getting mad that she couldn't put them back on, only sleeping about 2 hours of the drive.

At Poppy's she had a blast riding in the wheelbarrow - she even held onto the arms!

SATURDAY was a great day. Maggie got to play in the gravel and dirt in the morning - she was FILTHY!

Pushing Poppy over to get to his cherries - one of her favorite fruits.

In the afternoon Poppy and Mimie took us to Riverfront Park in Spokane for the carousel and a gondola ride over Spokane Falls.

Walking with Poppy along the riverfront. Who said holding a plush lamb wasn't manly?!

In the gondola, enjoying Mama's shaved ice: cherry and grape flavored. It took me about 1/3 of the way out to get used to the height of it - I hate heights! Dad and Sylvia didn't make it any better by rocking it and telling scary stories. Maggie, of course, was oblivious, she just wanted the shaved ice.

Spokane Falls - they were beautiful. Dad said that before Grand Coulee Dam was built, the salmon run stopped here naturally; the salmon were not able to make it over these falls and the local Indians would fish for them here.

Such cute pictures of Maggie right before bathtime. I fiture the naked shot is OK because nothing is really showing. And who doesn't think baby buns are the most precious things on the planet? Maggie, I bet you'll be embarassed by this when you're older, but we just love you so much and think you are the sweetest thing ont he planet!

No comments: