August 19, 2009

Growing Dexterity

For Christmas my mom bought Maggie this great big jar of pop-together beads. I was really sad to find out that Maggie wasn't dexterous enough to pop them together, though. So we only played with them sproadically this past winter and spring. Then, she and some friends threw them all over her room, to up to the top shelf they went after I found them all.

Last week she asked to do her beads, and wow! She can do them all by herself. I showed her how to pour out the jar in the lid of one of her dress-up boxes so they don't let stuck in her carpet and away she went! She now wears all kinds of necklaces and bracelets and rings made of her beads.

Showing off her big necklace. You can see the lid full of beads at the bottom. She did that all on her own.
Daddy showing off Maggie's wares. I'm surprised but pleased that Tyler lets her decorate him with jewelry.
I am constantly amazed at how much and how fast she is growing up, and how I'll never get back those cuddly 6-month old perfect baby days. And I am incredibly thankful to the Lord for blessing my life with such a wonderful child even though I feel incredibly lacking in parenting skills at the moment.

No comments: