February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Last night Maggie and I made Valentine's cookies for Daddy to bring to work. We only did sprinkles instead of my normal intricate frosting for two reasons: 1) I was out of powdered sugar, 2) I can only imagine the mess Maggie would make with frosting - the sprinkles were quite enough! =)



Tyler surprised me this morning with the nicest letter inside my card - I had tears with my breakfast! I thought we weren't doing much this year... so wonderful!

The best part about Valentine's though, is the moment we can take to reflect on true love. Not just the love you have for a spouse or a child, but also the incredible love that God has for us: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever would believe in Him would not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16. Our relationship to God is irreparably broken without Jesus, and I am so thankful that He died for me. I certainly don't deserve it, and I will never fully understand how awesome a gift I've been given this side of Heaven.

No comments: