February 28, 2008

First Haircut

I decided to get Maggie's hair cut. Unless I put it up in pigtails, which I don't do too much since she doesn't really like them, it was really looking like a mullet: business in the front, party in the back! So with my mom here, we went and got her first trim.

Here we are at home right before we left for the salon. You can see how long it is in the back.
The big snip: I got a little teary-eyed. I had to suck it up, though, it only took like 2 minutes from start to finish. Not even enough time for me to get out the video camera.
Maggie checking the new 'do.
Final result: 2 1/2 inches off the bottom. Looks good! A little shorter, but still pig-tailable.
Getting big treats from the stylist: a sucker and a balloon!
I don't think she really knew what was going on, so she wasn't happy or sad. Just a little confused. I've got a little baggie with her trimmings, so I'll need to prep it for her baby scrapbook, then I'll take a picture of it.

No comments: