January 24, 2009

A Specialty: Party Favors


Ladies (I assume the men won't care) - I will admit that I love me some party favors! I love packing up a little bag of goodness to send home with all Maggie's friends as a fun way to end the party and say thank-you for coming to the party. But as we all know, I am also cheap. So, I thought I would post about how I made her party favors this year to give you some ideas on saving money for your next party:

Live in the clearance aisle! I check Wal-Mart, Target and Walgreens' clearance sections. Constantly. It gets me out of the house when I am feeling a little cabin fever, and I find great deals.
-The tubs of 15 sticks of sidewalk chalk were $0.25 each at Walgreens around September.
-I found the bubbles for $1/6-pack at the same time.
-I found some Christmas-y LipSmackers in Wal-Mart's clearance after Christmas and they even had snowflakes on them. They were probably the most expensive item at $4/6-pack, I can live with that, they don't stay in the clearance section for very long and they were too cute to pass up.
-The candies were $1.25 for a 15 pieces (they were white chocolate mint snowflakes and peanut butter-chocolate mittens). 3 - 4 pieces per bag.
-$.20 snowflake pencils from Party City.

For the big kids the goodies and cellophane and ribbon and snowflake decoration ran me about $1.75-$2.00 each. The little kids got bubbles and candy, $0.75. Granted, I had to store all the goodies, but I count that a small price to pay for such fun party favors.

I hope for her next birthday I can repeat the great success I had this year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

IS LOOK SO BONITA AND DIVERTIDO.

WAS A EXCELENT DAY.

YOU DOING A EXCLENTE JOB.

HAVE A BLESSING SUNDAY, LUCY

starbucksgirl said...

Lissa, you did a great job with the party. We had so much fun. Now I will enjoy the favors so much more knowing what a great deal they were. LOL.

angie said...

My sister-in-law started entire blog dedicated to being cheap. You should check it out.

The Arreguin's said...

Wish we could have been there. Maybe someday! Happy Birthday Maggie!

Greg, Niki and Addie said...

Yeah thrifty! They look so cute! And half the fun is in the bargain, right? You rock!