January 24, 2009

A Specialty: Party Favors


Ladies (I assume the men won't care) - I will admit that I love me some party favors! I love packing up a little bag of goodness to send home with all Maggie's friends as a fun way to end the party and say thank-you for coming to the party. But as we all know, I am also cheap. So, I thought I would post about how I made her party favors this year to give you some ideas on saving money for your next party:

Live in the clearance aisle! I check Wal-Mart, Target and Walgreens' clearance sections. Constantly. It gets me out of the house when I am feeling a little cabin fever, and I find great deals.
-The tubs of 15 sticks of sidewalk chalk were $0.25 each at Walgreens around September.
-I found the bubbles for $1/6-pack at the same time.
-I found some Christmas-y LipSmackers in Wal-Mart's clearance after Christmas and they even had snowflakes on them. They were probably the most expensive item at $4/6-pack, I can live with that, they don't stay in the clearance section for very long and they were too cute to pass up.
-The candies were $1.25 for a 15 pieces (they were white chocolate mint snowflakes and peanut butter-chocolate mittens). 3 - 4 pieces per bag.
-$.20 snowflake pencils from Party City.

For the big kids the goodies and cellophane and ribbon and snowflake decoration ran me about $1.75-$2.00 each. The little kids got bubbles and candy, $0.75. Granted, I had to store all the goodies, but I count that a small price to pay for such fun party favors.

I hope for her next birthday I can repeat the great success I had this year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

IS LOOK SO BONITA AND DIVERTIDO.

WAS A EXCELENT DAY.

YOU DOING A EXCLENTE JOB.

HAVE A BLESSING SUNDAY, LUCY

starbucksgirl said...

Lissa, you did a great job with the party. We had so much fun. Now I will enjoy the favors so much more knowing what a great deal they were. LOL.

angie said...

My sister-in-law started entire blog dedicated to being cheap. You should check it out.

The Arreguin's said...

Wish we could have been there. Maybe someday! Happy Birthday Maggie!

Greg, Niki & Addie said...

Yeah thrifty! They look so cute! And half the fun is in the bargain, right? You rock!