February 11, 2009

So This Is Love

Caution: Mushy sentiment below the photo.
You can't see all the dirt, but our hands are caked in car grease. My Explorer has been having some problems lately, and we decided to tackle the spark plugs and wires ourselves to save some money.

So how is this love, you ask? It's love because I agreed to help Tyler after we, put Maggie to bed at night, in the cold, to work on a CAR (EW x 3). It's love because he asked me if I would help him because it would help him out. It's love because we saved $200+ doing it ourselves (based on the quote from Midas). It's love because he let me do some of the work. It's love because we both ENJOYED figuring out how to wiggle our hands into the tight spots to change the plugs and route the new wires. It's love because TOGETHER we got it done in 2 hours, whereas if Tyler had to do it himself it would've taken 4 or more. It's love because we did the whole thing with nary a raised voice (which for everyone that knows us is a miracle from God Himself).

It's love because after almost 10 years of marriage and nearly 15 years together we have FINALLY LEARNED what it means to work in harmony. And it was wonderful! I love you, Tyler. Happy Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in tears by the end.
We love you both for the godly love you have for each other.

Anonymous said...

I was in tears by the end.
We love you both for the godly love you have for each other.
Amron

Greg, Niki and Addie said...

Ah, now THAT is romantic. Not the stuff they put in Valentine's cards, but the REAL stuff. We are feeling the same way lately, though we haven't reached the 19 year milestone yet. I would also like to add that love is when you hold your wife's hair up while she's puking.