January 30, 2011

Maggie's 5th Birthday

I am brought to tears every time I think about how old Maggie is now, or the day she was born, or the day we brought her home from the hospital, or her previous birthdays, or that she starts kindergarten this August, or the fact that we have so few years left with her before she goes off to college. I am so very thankful for the last 5 wonderful years we have had together with her and I'm so excited to see how she does as a big sister.

My beautiful 5-year old girl!
Maggie picked grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for her birthday dinner.
Enjoying her dinner.

The birthday girl getting ready to open her gifts!
Amron, Mormor, Me, Tyler and Maggie.
She opened her presents pretty quickly, I think because she wanted to get to her birthday cake and I said we would do presents before cake.
Not sure what she wished for...
I made a chocolate cake for her birthday, but she ended up having the last cupcake from the batch we brought to Mother's Day Out.
Playing with her "Paper Jams" guitar. What a goofball!

No comments: