November 28, 2007

Getting Ready for Christmas

I love Christmas. I love decorating the house, making cookies, Christmas parties, Christmas music, Christmas food, and especially the original reason for Christmas: the birth of Jesus. Here are some of my favorite decorative things about Christmas:

Maggie being old enough to help and enjoy decorating the tree. Here she is with Daddy hanging up her 1st ornament:
Our tree. It's small, but the only ornaments on it are ones I've collected over the years or inherited from family. I love every ornament on that tree!
One of my favorite ornaments. A reminder that I get to go home at Christmas this year.
And, our stockings. This is a family tradition on my Mom's side of the family. I remade mine and made a new one for Tyler the year we got married, and I had a great time making Maggie's last year for her first Christmas.
Lights on the house. Tyler did a good job putting them up.
A Wreath on the door. I love the green ribbon and putting our intial on the wreath.

1 comment:

kimi said...

Is that the miata on his stocking????? LOVE THE STOCKINGS!