March 20, 2008

Trying to take an Easter Picture

Tuesday I tried to get a good Easter picture of Maggie to put in the cards we send to grandparents & great-grandparents. Don't worry grandparents - the actual picture is not posted, so you can be surprised when you get your card. Unfortunately, it was really windy, and a little cold, but she braved the weather anyway.

The cute little bunny and daffodil I tried to use as props.

Maggie running away from the good angle of the yard...
Her stinker face.
Shredding the daffodil...
Alas, I was resigned to use an OK photo of her standing in the yard. It shows off her dress well, but it's not her best picture. Oh well, 2-year olds are only so controllable, and I just don't have a knack for getting much more than her fake smile when I whip out the camera with a purpose in mind.

On a related note, we are starting our Easter traditions this year! Tyler and I decided that we are going to do the Easter basket and hide Easter eggs & candy on Saturday, and Sunday will be just church. We wanted to have both the fun and serious sides of Easter to share with our child (and future children), and I just can't get us all up at dark-thirty on Easter morning so we can do it all before we need to be at church at 9:00. So, this is our solution. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees all kinds of stuff in the yard!

1 comment:

Janet Yates said...

Maggie is so cute and that dress is GREAT! The girls were interested in seeing Maggie in her Easter attire. We have a little neighbor next door that reminds us of Maggie. She came over and played yesterday. We're attempting the Easter pictures tomorrow morning when I can have Smed here to help me get all 3 of them to look at the camera at the same time and smile.