April 8, 2009

It Was Worth the Drive

Tuesday Maggie and I hit the open road for Atlanta. My brother, Zach, had a 6-hour layover there from Seattle on his way to Kuwait. That's right, I said Kuwait - all the way on the other side of the world. He was recruited by a contractor for the US military to work in their mail processing center for the next year (he worked in the military mail when he was in the army). I hadn't seen him since last summer, and he won't come home for another year probably, so we thought it would be a good idea to get together before he left for this new adventure.

We got in the car just after 10 am, and pulled into the airport parking lot right as he landed! Talk about good timing!!! Maggie, Uncle Zach and I wandered around the airport for the next 4 hours. It was really good to see him, and Maggie had a BLAST with her uncle. Of course, I cried when it was time to go home.

I did make it home about 10:30 that night. I would've gotten home quicker, but the Georgia State Patrol were out in force, so the cruise control was set lower for the Georgia stretch.

Maggie still carries these glasses with her everywhere. And wears them QUITE seriously as you can see.
Snow at the rest stop outside Chattanooga. Snow on the ground April 7th. Ick!
Zonked for nap time. So comfortable.
Playing in a phone booth. We let her play in there for a good 20 minutes; I didn't know they were this much fun, did you?
Hello? Who's There?
I didn't get a good picture of it, but Maggie was playing with Zach's facial hair. Thought it was pretty funny.
The police who patrolled the airport rode on these Segway/tricycle contraptions. Right through stores and everything. The office let Maggie hop on up. She was mesmerized.
Maggie's good-bye hug. Zach walked us out to the car in the garage so he could see Tyler's car (grandpa car).
Please keep Zach in your prayers this next year. He is in a foreign - very oppressive - land, no friends, and no family. He is supposed to get a blog set up at some point soon after he gets a computer and digital camera, so I'll put a link on my blog once it's up and running.

No comments: