April 26, 2009

Rock Star in Training

Friday night Maggie entertained us with some songs with her guitar. She's got allergies and probably a cold on top of that, so she also has a nice, raspy smoker voice a la Janis Joplin (or for those of you who watch "30 Rock" - Jackie Jormp-Jomp). The funniest songs happened before I got out the camera, we nearly needed to make a trip to the potty!!! I am posting all five songs that she did for the camera. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. So precious!

Amazing Grace

Jesus Loves Me (combined with the tune for "Nothing but the Blood" but with maggie's own words)

Jesus Loves the Little Children

Jingle Bells (a favorite all year 'round)

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star


The best part of the whole thing, though, was after she was done, she wanted to see herself on the camera. So I replayed one of the videos for her. She sat right next to me and got her guitar ready to play, and then started yelling at the Maggie onscreen to stop playing because she wasn't ready yet!

No comments: