October 27, 2009

We're Moved.

Our house closed, on time, Friday. We moved out Friday night (not sure why we always get the short end of the stick when it comes to moving - we moved in on a Sunday). A BIG HUGE THANK-YOU to everyone who helped. I did not take pictures of the move itself, I thought it would be rude to not be working, because we have TOO MUCH STUFF!!! Did you read the previoius post where I said we filled up a 14-foot moving van the prior weekend already? We filled, packed, stuffed a 24-foot van Friday. Like jammed to the gills, not getting anything else in there, please will someone put some stuff in their trunk we've got too much junk! Ok, moving on. I will not bore you with all my freaking out.

So here are some pictures from the week prior to the move. Oh the boxes EVERYWHERE.
Living room with boxes taped up and ready to be filled with stereo equipment.
The rec room piled up with our stash of liquor boxes (for packing, not from our stash), various and sundry items packed and ready to be packed. Also known as: a ginormous mess in every room.

This is photo evidence of a tradition Tyler started when he moved out of his parents house. In every place we've ever lived, once it is empty and cleaned out, we lay on the bedroom floor and stare at the ceiling. We go over the memories we made while we were there. Like the Mountlake Terrace condo: we started our newlywed life there and where the bus line was right outside our building that we caught each morning to get to work in downtown Seattle. The Everett condo that was brand-new and so nice but Tyler decided to go to Belmont 4 months after we moved in and changed our lives forever (for the good!). The Bellevue apartment that had the great kitchen, that was our introduction to Nashville. The blue rental house, the first stand-alone house we ever lived in, so much fun with friends.

And now our "red house" as Maggie calls it. I have not been real emotional about selling this house just because we always said we'd sell in 5 years, and it had been 5 years. I knew we wouldn't live there forever. When Tyler made the call to sell, I made a list of pro's and con's of the house, and I was content with his decision and looking forward to moving on. But on our way out as we went room to room reminicing, I cried in the powder room off the master bedroom. It was where we found out we were pregnant with Maggie. One of the best days of my life. Her room we can recreate and God-willing we'll always have her; but the little bathroom we won't have again. I do still have the positive pregnancy test in my sock drawer, so I'll be alright.

It was a surreal feeling Saturday morning as we drove away, knowing we won't be driving on these roads on the way to our house anymore. And I am OK with that. I am looking forward to our new adventure.


The Harrelson Family said...

so excited for you!!!

Amber said...

That's exciting. I can't wait to see your new place. And I can't believe you kept your pregnancy test! That's hilarious. I have a picture of mine, that's about it.