August 25, 2010

12 Weeks

Still tired most of the time. Life has slowed down quite a bit, but I do have some weddings in the near future. I am still taking naps most days, which I know is a luxury, but I am so glad Maggie still naps! I have greatly decreased my computer time, so that's one reason the blog is behind, so check below, I did a lot of updating this evening.

Morning sickness still comes and goes. I don't have constant nausea like I did with Maggie, but this time around it attacks quickly and with stealth. I am especially sensitive to all kinds of smells, and thoughts (yes, thoughts) about food. So that makes it hard to eat - the thought of most food makes me gag and almost throw up. The smell of most foods makes me feel sick to my stomach. I will say that I have a weakness for good deli-meat sandwiches (lysteria fears be darned - I'm eating it anyway this time around) and, strangely enough, cheese and potatoes. Even plain, undoctored, boiled potatoes. Could eat copious amounts for every meal. And I am finding new ways to get my veggies in since the very thought of having to cook them makes me gag. No joke. It is just so bizarre. I don't remember having this many aversions with Maggie.

Those of you that know me well know I am never far from a can of diet Dr Pepper. I can't stand the stuff right now - it makes me have heartburn and tastes gross. I look at the cases in the pantry longingly, and I tried one the other day, and I just can't drink it. BIZARRE!

OK, enough about me. Check out this amazing illustration of what baby #2 looks like right now (from babycenter.com)
The baby is about 2 1/2 inches crown to rump, and weighs about 1/2 ounce. So, so tiny and beautiful.

Now if only I was as thin as the model...

No comments: