October 24, 2007

Trick-Or-Treating for Old and Young

My friend, Kathy, invited Maggie and I to go trick-or-treating at the local retirement community Tuesday evening. We dressed up our girls and had a great time! The residents all sit in their doorways and hand out candy to all the little kids that come through. It only took one nice lady to put candy in Maggie's treat bag to understand what was going on. But, she couldn't get out "trick or treat" so I had her say "please" (and the corresponding "thank you" upon receipt of said candy) to each person handing out candy that I have no intention if giving to her.



As you can see, Maggie went as a chicken and Aaralyn went as a scarecrow. She LOVES that dang costume!!! Unfortunately it is so poly-filled that even when she only wore her diaper underneath it she was still sweating after only 45 minutes in it. I only got Maggie to cluck for one grandpa there, otherwire she pretended to be deaf when I asked her "what does a chicken say?" the other 100 times. This was Maggie's first trick-or-treating experience, and I'm glad she had a good time. It's also nice to know we brightened up someone's day with out visit.

On Halloween we'll be at our church's fall festival with her all chickened-out, so she won't go out that night, but will collect PLENTY of candy from all the booths they have. I'll be painting faces again this year. And FYI: the favorite logo that kids want down here is the Tennesee Titans Logo:
Crazy sports fans!

No comments: