May 16, 2008

Funny Sayings from This Week

This morning Maggie races into the bathroom while I'm getting ready for the day, "Mommy! I luss Dissie and Zay-ee (I love Dixie and Zayli). I need go on trip, too." Dixie and Zayli are away visiting family, and we told them they were going on a trip. Now I hear about her needing to go on a trip about 50x a day.

Then right after that I ask "Maggie, do you love Daddy?"
Maggie: "No, I luss Dissie and Zay-ee. ... I love Gaga and Papa John!"
Mommy: "Do you love Mommy?"
long pause - "yeah (slowly, and with reserve)" She really loves Dixie and Zayli.

Yesterday was free iced coffee day at Dunkin' Donuts, so of course when I went in for a free iced coffee we came out $2 poorer but 2 donuts and an iced coffee richer/fatter, take your pick. Maggie rushed to the door when Daddy got home and proudly proclaimed "Daddy I have donut 'day!" He had visited the Dunkin' by his work for the same reason, and then Maggie saw the empty Dunkin' bag in his hand and without skipping a beat said, "Daddy have donut, too!" How's THAT for brand recognition?!?! We NEVER go to Dunkin'. I am a Krispy Kreme diehard, so I can hardly believe that after one visit she remembered the logo on the bag.

And, my favorite addage of hers right now is "I'm so excited!" She adds this to the end of many many many sentences. I am so in love this stage in her life. She is a constant blessing and source of sanctification for me! I can't thank the Lord enough for my little girl!

No comments: