May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy belated Mother's Day! No pictures of the day, but I was seriously blessed by Tyler picking up the whole house and doing all the dishes, but other than that it was business as usual: I made lunch and dinner - easy dishes that didn't require a lot of work, but they were yummy! I made french dip subs for lunch with au jus - with fresh! deli roast beef (that is such a treat - I never pay $8.99# for meat). Then dinner was grilled chicken sandwiches. As I was eating dinner, I realized that my meal choices were a bit man-ish being sandwiches and all, but that's alright. I love good roastbeef and any time I can cook on the grill make me happy.

I also did something that seems anti-Mother's Day. I went swimsuit shopping. I know. Scary. Especially me and my blinding-white thighs. But I did. And I returned home VICTORIOUS!!! I got a swimsuit at Target and a new cover-up to match. And even better, it got the Tyler seal of approval. And to top off my swimsuit find, I got a great deal on Pampers "Kandoo" wipes for Maggie: 2 packages of refills (2x more than what you get if you buy a container) on clearance for $3.22 each, and a $1 target coupon and a $2 Pampers coupon. So for $3.44 I got 2 packages of refills. Yay! I of course treated myself to a mocha frappachino at Starbucks afterward, so all savings were negated by that purchase. =) Oh, well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a GREAT mother's day!!! You can tan those white thighs in a couple of weeks. You'll only need 10 minutes in the sun and you'll be set.

starbucksgirl said...

Starbucks purchases never negate savings. They are a necessary evil.