January 21, 2008

Hmmm ... poopoos in the panties

Ok, so we've got #1 down pat. Maggie feels the urge, and she will go sit on her potty at home, or tell someone at church (which is usually the only place I'm not with her). She pooped in her panties, not a pull-up, Sunday morning. Ug. I feel sorry for the poor nuresry workers who had to take care of that. I know it's not a lot worse than cleaning a poopy diaper, but still.

Then there's this morning... This morning I was very quick and efficient getting the 2 of us out the door by 7:30 so we could get to the gym by 8. It would have been great, except I left her bag on the table!!! I was smart and had put her in a pull-up, but I only had the one on her hiney. I told Maggie to tell the ladies when she needed to "go", but to no avail. About 20 minutes in, Rosemary (one of the nursery workers at the gym) comes up to me. Maggie pooped in her pull-up and was trying to take it off. Yuck! I got in there and cleaned her up, and straight home we went - Maggie had to go commando in her jeans. For all you non-Friends watchers, that means going without underpants.

Later in the day I had several errands, and she did fine with all of them in panties, no accidents. Any suggestions on how to get your toddler to NOT poop in their panties when they are in someone else's care? It is such an imposition with the pooping in panties.

No comments: