June 9, 2009

Nashville Shores

Today Maggie and I joined our friend Lauren, and her kids Jack & Ruby, for some fun at Nashville Shores, a big water park on Percy Priest Lake. The weather was perfect, too.

Maggie has just started swim lessons, so I thought going to a water park would be a fun way to help get her over her fear of water in her face. I was able to get Maggie to blow bubbles in the water any time I asked her, and she did alright floating in my arms but I think swimming independently is a ways off. We'll just have to keep going to the pool or lake as much as we can this summer (once my sunburn heals!).

Purposefully walking to the lounge chairs to store our stuff.
Posing for a picture in her swim gear. I am SO glad I put her in the rash guard today. I put on sunscreen twice, and still got fried. Maggie is barely tan, but no sunburn.
Bravely going to the kiddie pool without me needing to be right by her. She had a great time as long as she was not getting splashed or in too deep.
End of the day, Maggie had just recovered from a bad fall in the kiddie pool, it was past naptime... you get the picture.
We made a quick stop at a nearby gas station for ice cream before we headed home. That made everyone happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! I can't believe how big Ruby is! Amazing. Come swim with us ANYTIME in Phoenix. :)