January 4, 2010

Christmas Wrap-Up

I nearly forgot to post one of the few pictures I took of Maggie when we opened gifts at home before we went to Seattle! By the time I got the camera out, we had opened our gifts already. She is playing with her new Hi-Ho-Cherry-O board game. I was making breakfast by then and Tyler was helping get stuff packed up to go. Bad mommy!
Christmas is such a busy time of year for our family, but Tyler and I constantly remind ourselves (and Maggie, for that matter) that the birth of Jesus, God in the flesh, born in a barn of all places, is the most important part of our celebrations. He is the whole reason we do any of it, and why any of this matters. God came to earth to reconcile us to Himself, something we willingly choose not to do and are not capable of on our own. But praise be to God who so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever should believe in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life!

No comments: